Last weekend Brandon and I braved the seven hour drive up to Santa Rosa to visit Brittany & Jared, and also my mom, who flew down for the week. We got in super late friday night, around 2:30am and crept in the house, as to not wake the dog, and passed out right away.
Saturday we dragged our feet around the house until we felt awake enough to head to Imagery, a cool winery Britt & Jared are members at. It was so fun to sit around and share memories with my family, and to have my mom humiliate me by telling brandon I had hairy shoulders when I was born... After hours of giggling, eating and sipping on wine, we headed back to the house and all passed out for at least a solid hour. That night we enjoyed steak shish-kabobs, and talked and laughed more. Sunday we did our usual walk down to Starbucks, lazily hung around the house, had a fun family dinner and Brandon and I were on our way again.
Santa Rosa is like a home away from home. A place to be relaxed, be away from the daily grind, and be with family. The only thing that was missing was Connor.
No comments:
Post a Comment