Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ellen said my name.

Is there anything you have always wanted to do, but knew it wouldn't really happen...? Well, start picturing your glass half full folks, because mine was filled today! Don't believe me? Watch my clip on Ellen here :)

My wonderful housemate Courtney requested tickets for the Ellen Degeneres show, which films about 20 minutes away, and we got standby tickets! We were told there wouldn't be any room in the audience, but we could watch the show from the "rift-raft" room, and we were guaranteed tickets for a future showing. cool.

Some of the Ellen employees were going up and down the rows choosing people to take a survey, and they asked us to join them outside. The "survey" turned out to be a "sizing up" of potential contestants for the show. They must have liked me because after about ten minutes and many eliminations, I was with a group of six (from the crowd of 200) that could potentially be chosen to go on stage and play a game. This automatically guaranteed Court, Kel and me tickets to the live taping.

They sent the six of us back to where our parties were waiting, and we were ushered onto the Ellen set. By this point, Courtney and Kelly knew I had not gone to take a "survey" and an employee assured them that it was a good thing I had not come back for such a long time. Then, Ellen came on stage - awesome. I love Ellen. She is super funny. About half way through the show she announces the contestants who are going to be on the show, and like I have dreamed it for years, Ellen said my name perfectly. MY NAME. I think I peed my pants a little bit hurdling the audience members and swooped Ellen up into my arms.

Ellen said my name. When she said my name it sounded so natural. After our introductions, we were sent backstage to get harnessed up. Just about ten feet away from me, Pamela Anderson was getting ready to go on stage, and I think she smiled at me. Our game was called "Cut the Cord," a brand new one that had never been played on the show. Connected to a harness which suspended us in the air (mostly), every time we got an answer wrong Ellen released the rope a little and we fell closer to the big cushy mat directly below us. I lost the game, but won TWO hugs from Ellen and some ca$h money - and Ellen told me I was really funny! I missed most of the show, but I did not care, my dream had come true.

Ellen said my name. And while I would really like to get picked up by Ellen as a YouTube star, i'll take game show contestant any day :)

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Super jealous - Ellen is hilarious!! Wish I could watch the show!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How terrific!!!! I'm going to go right now and set my DVR to tape the show today. I am excited to see you and hear your name on national television! Way to go Paige Stombaugh!!!! ( Didn't your name sound natural coming from me too?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the bizzzzzzzzzzz-omb paigey paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of a more perfect Ellen contestant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it makes me crack up everytime I watch it..which is alot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys - It was so fun to be up on stage at the Ellen show... with Ellen! Dream come true :)

    ReplyDelete