The theme: Pilgrims & Indians. My roommate Kelly was Pocahontas for Halloween so I just borrowed her outfit. But, we spent most of our day Saturday researching Native American garb for Brandon to wear. We finally settled on some type of outfit which consisted of a wrapped blanket with belts and a machete. Trevor sported a poncho, Josh dressed as a modern day Native American, and Regie said he was going to put his costume on at the party... One of those "Indian is a culture, not a costume" outfits.
So, dressed as Pocahontas and someone wrapped in a blanket with a knife, we headed to Kristen and Thad's house for dinner. As we were walking in we saw others coming too, but in regular clothes. It didn't take us long to realize the joke was on us... It was no longer a costume party and no one told us. We should have picked up on it when Regie "accidentally" left his bag with his costume at home.
Some of the group decided they didn't want to dress up, so they told most people, with the exclusion of Brandon, Trevor, Josh and me. Luckily Brandon was wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt under his blanket dress, but me, nope, I stayed in character as the only person dressed up (mostly because I didn't bring a change of clothes...). I guess I can use it as my welcome as the new girl...
[Pocahontas & ...]
Regardless of the fact that I was dressed as a Native American all night, we had such a good meal with a wonderful Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cheesy hash-brown potatoes and a chocolate fountain (I think you get what my favorite was...). After Dinner we went in a circle and shared what we were thankful for. One of the things I am most thankful for during this season in my life is the group of friends I made down in Huntington Beach. Moving down to California, I knew a few people, but didn't have a solid friend base like I did in Seattle. After realizing my sort of Brother-in-Law lived an hour away, I started going down there to see him and hang out with his friends. Right away, I felt welcomed and accepted. Ever since May I have been driving down at least twice a month to attend church, play volleyball, watch football, eat, and hang out with these people, and it has been such a blessing. I am continually thankful for the way God provides for me in the friend department. Even though I am the only one with brown hair (which I just realized looking at this picture) the girls do not treat me any differently, and welcome me in the group.
[(Thad) Karin, Kelly, me, Vanessa, Kristen & Rachel]
[the group]



Umm, Pocahontas... That's amazing. I love you.
ReplyDelete